The Kandypens Crystal is a premium wax vaporizer pen that is tailored for concentrates. Its quartz bowl and glass mouthpiece help preserve tasty flavor in every draw. With a powerful, long-lasting battery and low-draw resistance, this vaporizer makes sure you get a good hit every time you use it.
What’s in the Box
- KandyPens Crystal
- One extra glass mouthpiece
- Dab tool
- USB charging cable
- Black velvet pouch
Price & Guarantee
The KandyPens Crystal is selling at just under $135 which is a fairly high price compared to its competitors. KandyPens does offer a Lifetime Warranty on the life of their batteries for their products. If for any reason, the battery stops working, consumers can simply contact KandyPens customer support. Atomizers are not covered under this lifetime warranty.
KandyPens is a decent-sized company that was founded in 2014, and their name is well established in the industry. This brand has approximately 13 products currently for sale in the market. Most of their devices tend to be geared towards use with concentrates and wax.
Prep Time & Ease of Use
The crystal is easy to use and like most concentrate devices, it’s all controlled by one button. To start, first pack a dab of your desired concentrate in the quartz oven underneath the glass mouth piece. Next, replace the mouthpiece and press the power button five times in a row to power the device on. Press the same button three times in order to cycle through the voltage settings (2.6V, 3.0V, 3.6V, 4.2V). Once you have selected a voltage setting, you can press the power button twice to activate session mode or go ahead and hold the button down to draw from the unit and enjoy!
The crystal has a 510-thread battery that is easily charged via the micro USB port on the side of the unit. It takes about an hour and a half to charge and the vape pen lasts around 10 sessions if using session time. Users should note that it can be used for a long time if you just hold the power button and regulate your own sessions. The 510 thread can be used universally with other atomizer tops and cartridges if you desire to do so.
The KandyPens Crystal has a good vapor quality for a concentrate vaporizer. The Crystal has a quartz chamber with a coil directly below it, instead of having the coil exposed like in most wax vapes. This a superior design because it protects the coil in the atomizer better, and it also keeps the flavor intact since the concentrate doesn't have direct contact with the coil. It still does burn concentrates pretty fast though.
Portability & Size
The KandyPens Crystal dab vape pen is about a pound in weight and it stands about 3 inches tall, measuring from mouthpiece to the bottom of the unit. On the plus side, the unit is small enough to fit easily into a pocket or hand bag. The Crystal is slightly wider and heavier than some other concentrate units at similar price points; however, the girth still doesn't take away from the portability, in fact, it's beneficial, as it adds to the durability.
Heating and Temperature Regulators
The KandyPens Crystal has 4 voltage settings (2.6V, 3.0V, 3.6V, 4.2V)
Pros of the Vaporizer
- Portability – The Crystal is both highly portable and durable. Users can take it everywhere and have peace of mind knowing that it’s big enough to not be misplaced and sturdy enough to not be broken as easily as most units.
- Vapor Quality and the Quartz heating chamber – The cloud quality on the Crystal is very good and tasty due to its use of the quartz bowl chamber which sits above the coil. The low resistance air flow design also enhances flavor.
- Battery (Good life, multiple uses, and easy charging) – The crystal has a 510-thread battery that can be charged easily by the micro USB port on the side of the unit. The 510 thread is universally compatible with other atomizer tops and cartridges.
- Fast Heat up time – The Crystal heats up fast! It instantly begins vaping concentrate as soon as the button is held down or session time is activated.
Cons of the Vaporizer
- Price – The Crystal is pretty expensive compared to the other competitors at its current price point.
- Only One Atomizer – The Crystal only comes with the one atomizer and for the price, it should definitely contain an additional in case the one you have burns out.
- Mouthpiece gets hot – After continuous use, the mouthpiece does seem to get a little hot to the point that it's not comfortable.
The KandyPens Crystal is a good unit and does the job that it is intended to do. There are a bunch of other units that are cheaper which may function just as well or better. However, all in all, it is a dependable device for vaping concentrates, especially if you prefer quartz to ceramic. There are limited quartz chamber vaporizers on the market.