Puffco is one of the best companies in the world of vaporizers. They refuse to pay anyone to promote them because they’d rather let their products speak for themselves. This portable dab rig combines the convenience of a vape pen with the punch of a tabletop rig.
Using the Puffco Peak is a process and can be a challenge for beginners to get up and running. This quick article will cover everything you need to know about using your portable dab rig.
What's in the box?
- 1 x tether
- 1 x Peak dab tool
- 4 x cotton swabs
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x AC adapter
- 1 x hand blown glass attachment
- 1 x ceramic bowl
- 1 x atomizer
- 1 x base
Charging the Puffco Peak
The charging port is located on the base of your device. Plug the device into a wall unit for the fastest charge.
A full battery will last around 2.5 hours and you can click the power button three times to check its capacity. There are three colors to indicate your Puffco Peak’s battery life: red (0-20%), orange (20-60%) and green (60-100%). To conserve the battery, it’s always worth making sure to shut down your device after using it.
Your first session with the Puffco Peak
Preparing your Puffco Peak
Once your Puffco Peak is fully charged, fill the glass attachment with water before attaching it to the base - water will damage the base and atomizer! You should also be sure not to overfill the glass, keeping the water line just above the air holes.
When filled, attach the glass back to the base of the Puffco Peak by aligning the inlet hole of the glass with the atomizer and gently pushing the front into the base.
To turn on your device, hold the power button for three seconds then cycle through the heat settings with a single click. You have the four options of blue (low), green (medium), red (high) and white (peak temperature).
Running a Puffco Peak session
Puffco includes a Peak dab tool to gather your contents and place them in the atomizer bowl. Don't overfill the container because if the residue leaks into the atomizer, it can permanently damage it.
When you're ready to begin, place the carb cap over the atomizer and double click to begin heating the contents. When the light pulses, that means the heat-up mode has been activated, then you’ll know your device is ready when the base vibrates and flashes three times. For the best results, inhale gently like you're sipping hot tea. That’s it!
Puffco has also added a sesh-mode feature. If you haven't yet vaporized all your contents, double click to extend the session by 15 seconds and raise the heat. At the end of each session, wipe out the bowl with a Q-tip to avoid buildup and you're good to go.
Cleaning and maintenance
Regular cleaning and maintenance will ensure your Puffco Peak produces the best experience possible. Before cleaning anything, remove the glass and don't reattach it until you screw in the atomizer. To clean the atomizer, soak it in alcohol for thirty minutes - don't disassemble the atomizer when it's soaking.
You can clean the carb cap and glass by soaking them in isopropyl alcohol (ISO) and then rinsing with water. Make sure everything has completely dried before reassembling it for the next use
Note: Make sure to keep the base away from water, as it's electric and liable to water damage.
- Multicolored light flashes: indicates poor or no connection between the base and atomizer.
- Three red flashes: indicates low battery.
- Five light flashes: indicates short circuit.
- Red light holds: device overheated.
- Do not forcefully remove the bowl, submerge the whole atomizer in ISO while fully assembled.
- Do not handle atomizer and bowl after use. Allow time to cool.
- Atomizer buzzing is normal, don't worry.
- Do not allow water in the bottom chamber of glass.
- Do not let water seep into the atomizer.
- Do not store the device with water in the glass.
- Attach/detach glass carefully, do not force.
- Several short inhalations produce more vapor.
- Do not overfill the bowl.
- Do not charge or operate below 32°F or above 100°F.
- Keep away from moisture and high humidity.
- Store in a cool dark place when not in use.